Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Spirit Returned

Christmas carols playing in the background, the tantalizing scent of my Pine Cone soup, wafts of cinnamon, clove, ginger and orange.  Snow decoratively adorning the yard and trees.  Plans to pop and string corn, in the mix, for a real tree, my first in many years.  My "bahumbug", "blue christmas", gruff Scrooge impression, is packed away for good, or so I hope.  MY Christmas spirit has returned.  I'm able to once again, rejoice in the season, it's biblical implications, and the festive side.  Starting new traditions this year, with new people, new friends, even new family.  My precious "Pumpkin", and her "lil pumpkin", bringing joy, peace and love into my life and my heart, every day.  At this time of year, "birth" is a well retold account, and I can add my re birth this year, to all the others.  For my friends and loved ones, still travelling along a path of darkness, anger, and/or pain, please continue on, there is light, there is hope...I know, because I found it!!  And it is worth every treacherous, heartbreaking, miserable step.
It wasn't always this way.  There were many years, where I could not face this season, for obvious reasons, and even ones only I knew.  It came and went with dread, anxiety, sadness, and empty loneliness.  One of the hardest thing for any heart to endure.  But endure I did, and here I am.  I found my way, my way back to myself, my way back to the real home of my heart and soul..back to ME.  God bless, and happy wishes for you all, and if not a Merry one this year...we will meet again, and try for the next and the next, until all of those I love, stand with me again in Love and Peace. Or at least on their own, in Love and Peace.  Give and you shall receive?  
At a time when gifts can either be a plenty under a warm roof, beneath a beaming tree.  A time, when the absence of such gifts, or that of loved ones, make it the coldest dreariest time of year. I have already unwrapped my gifts, just before the anticipated Eve.
No ribbons and bows, no silver and gold, but just an unveiling of things that my eyes take in and shine with delight!  Goose bumps of disbelief and wonder!!  My hands holding my head as my mouth opens wide in surprise.  And in the words of my oldest niece, when giving her a handed down jewelry box, "My own? My very own? It's for me?" (she was four).  And now my turn, to utter those profound words, that lit up an entire room, out of the mouth of a precious, innocent young child, I now too..feel the glowing warmth of light and wonder at having finally unwrapped my heart to find Love, Peace, Joy, Forgiveness, and Compassion.  
There is no expiry date, so I plan to keep them near me every day, and go forward and live a life worth living, and be the person I knew I could be.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment